3/18/10

THE CRYSTALLINE GARDEN

Ok, I started designing this promotional item for a project I did for a Letterpress class in the fall, documenting the carving of a block of linoleum from black to white. It is called THE CRYSTALLINE GARDEN and is 167 (no significance) frames long. I put "Coming November 2010" because that seems like a good date to aim for in terms of showing the piece's various manifestations: flip-book, accordion book, video... Where? who knows...
It may be shown in conjunction with another big project that I hope to be done
with by then: ABOVE THE FLOODPLAIN, a large fabric-mural piece. TCG is all black/white so the colorful aspect of ATF could be a nice counter.
Anyway, today I will be perfect binding my text-weight version of THE CRYSTALLINE GARDEN to take to Philadelphia with me next week. I'm hoping for a smooth binding process and no headaches.
Stay tuned for further developments...

No comments:

Post a Comment