1/24/11

SOLO SHOW @CPP: back half

The rear of the studio was made of walls made by stacking up our shop tables and throwing up masonite exhibition walls. I wheat-pasted a nice green triangle pattern on the middle wall which displayed "Tribe of Eve" & "Tribe of Adam." These pieces were made from colorful woodcut backgrounds (on paper) with screenprinted figure drawings on the inside of the glass that floats off the paper background.
Walking around the corner led you through a display of past prints and into an etching project I'm calling "Diana! Diana!" that was also shown as a xeroxed-zine version. Just below another display of prints, I had a table for a book display of a few wooden books, Espresso-book-machine-made books (and coloring utensils for adding to the community-coloring-books), and my recently finished fabric flip book "Crossing the Snowy Plain": a book made from a cover of gessoe'd canvas and text pages from a stack of white washclothes I got at the NPS store. A figure is represented on each page and he has quite the adventure out there crossing the snowy plain...
Then the back wall: A new spiral installation of The Crystalline Garden featuring the lino block it was carved from in the dead center. My laptop played the digital animation version and the flip-book for display right next to the wall installation.
I also put out some old designs I'd done for t-shirts for our faithful fans that keep bringing in shirts fresh for printing. The show was of course helped by my wonderfully talented brother who provided the veggie kabobs and hummus, Mark, Brad, Angela and company on the music filling for Davey (get well!), and all who made it out (especially all you out-of-towners). Thanks!




















1 comment:

  1. wow..you have been busy..sorry I didn't get out to see the show.

    ReplyDelete