1/24/11

SOLO SHOW: front of room

I just had my solo show at the Copper Palate Press on Friday. For all who were able to come, thanks for the support. If you couldn't make it, this post is for you.
I didn't have a camera with me for the night of the show, so hopefully if someone has any pictures of the event as it was happening they can post them on facebook or something... I came back the next day to snap these photos which will roughly walk you through the setup of the show.
Starting at the front wall I had three pictures of assemblages beneath blue skies and a birds-in -flight painting on the other side. My most recent work for the show was the hanging catfish made from relief prints on fabric. I was very excited how he turned out.
Then, the epic "Above The Flood Plain" on the main wall: I displayed both the original small drawing version and the translated fabric mural version. The original was drawn around 2007 and the fabric piece was started then, but interrupted when I returned to school. Last summer I started work on it again and had I'm happy I've pieced it together in time for this exhibition. This is by far the largest work I've ever made at roughly 20'x16'.













































No comments:

Post a Comment